How small can a sink go.....?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a really small cubby-hole that I wish to get a downstairs loo and sink into. Where can I lay my hands on a really tiny sink, as it'll be jutting out into the already small space ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I didn't know there was such a thing! Any sink would "fit" but could you squeeze past it to the loo if you were in a hurry?!?

Will google cloakroom sinks, then. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cloakroom hand basins can be found that are only about 8" or 9" deep.
IIRC someone made one that could be recessed into the wall about 3" as well.

Yes you can get a recessed sink.

Instead of a WC pan, why not consider a home urinal? Laufen do a nice one, very small and discrete with a lid. Best thing I ever fitted in our downstairs loo.

A sink?

Why would you want to prepare food and wash pots in a toilet?

Try fitting a small cloakroom wash basin in there instead, then you could just use it for washing your hands

Instead of a WC pan, why not consider a home urinal? Laufen do a nice one, very small and discrete with a lid. Best thing I ever fitted in our downstairs loo.
Doesn't the missus mind standing up?!?

Forgot to say the room is only 27" wide!

I take it you did not bother with building control then?

This job is kind of notifiable so there is no problem like: somebody has a dump, the log comes up through the kitchen sink, wifey screams, you jump up, knock the tap off from the cloakroom sink and get subsequently electrocuted by the faulty wiring to the extractorfan that is showered by the broken waterpipe.

Before you convert anything into a cloakroom, ask yourself one question...Where the hell are you gonna put all the rubbish that is in there now??

Forgot to say the room is only 27" wide!

I take it you did not bother with building control then?

This job is kind of notifiable so there is no problem like: somebody has a dump, the log comes up through the kitchen sink, wifey screams, you jump up, knock the tap off from the cloakroom sink and get subsequently electrocuted by the faulty wiring to the extractorfan that is showered by the broken waterpipe.
What the feck are you banging on about?

Thanks to all for the replies though

Have you any links as examples? I started a thread a while ago on similar lines:

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96459&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Recessed sinks were mentioned then, but I couldn't track any down...

To the OP: one of the smallest "traditional" basins I could find at the time is linked by someone in the one from last post in the above thread - an Ideal Standard "space" 400x200 40cm micro basin:

http://homesupply.co.uk/ideal_stand...nse_basin_40cm_with_shroud_pedestal=E6177.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back