How to assess if a plasterborad needs to be replaced following water damage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plasterboard on my bathroom ceiling has been flooded with water from the flat above a few weeks ago. The leak upstairs has been fixed and the plasterboard are dry yet there's mold growing on the plasterboard. The repair will be done by the insurance of the upstairs neighbour and they are inclined to clean the mold l, polifila, and paint. I am thinking that the section of the plasterboard that got wet needs to be replaced. My opinion that it has to be replaced might be dismissed by the insurer as unecessary.

Do you think that the platerboard needs replacing? If so, what argument can I put forward to ensure that they replace the plasterboard? Is there a test that I can perform to establish if it needs to be replaced?

TIA
Screenshot_20240912_171841_WhatsApp.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Something needs to be done about the cracks, so probably replacing it will be the easiest way to go.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back