How to block gap in toilet soil pipe, inside and out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a bit of an issue with mice at the minute in a new house, so trying to block all gaps and paths in. I have noticed that there is a sizeable gap around an en suite toilet soil pipe on the first floor, and was wondering what would be some suggestions on how best to block it, with keeping mice out in mind. I'd say at its widest the gap would be about 1/2", and it goes straight out the wall horizontally.

On the inside, I have used wire wool and expanding foam in the past, but I find the foam quite messy to use and control, and hard to finish nicely. Would simple old silicon filler do the trick with wire wool?

As for the outside, I could probably get access to use some sand and cement, but not sure. I have watched a video on a product called Flexim which seems great, like a rubbery putty with polystyrene but it's super expensive. Interested to hear some other suggestions.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back