How to cut through this worktop?

NHW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically replacing the entire kitchen units and worktop. Have already ripped out the worktop but had to cut around this previously just to get it out.

1000212566.jpg

So now we are left in the dilemma as to how we are going to get this remaining piece out? Obviously we want to do it without damage to any of the pipes going through it but just seems impossible when looking at it.

Or does it seem more plausible to get someone to come and unsolder and re-solder the pipework at the top where there is an Elbow? (one of them I think is also plastic, the condenser?)

1000212567.jpg

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you

Sponsored Links
Ditto that. Would be cheaper than paying someone to come out and do it, even if you used it once and chucked it in the bin!

the 3 on the right look like slots - so cut down the middle of the pipes and then the bit on the right will come out from the slots
then its just the condense pipe and copper next to it
as mentioned multitool

cant see a slot on the 2 on left

Sponsored Links
Cut thru to centre pipe which will allow you to snap off the right hand side leaving less weight to deal with on the left pipes .

try and get something like a cheap bendy dinner knife or similar between wood and pipe as thats the danger area

Hi guys just an update, used a combined method of pretty much all your comments and have finally managed to get it off, used an old knife to protect the pipe whilst I was multi-tooling towards it. The two on the right had like 50% of a portion cut out already so those two were not too bad. it was pretty much the two on the left which were essentially fully inside the worktop which I had to spend more time on and cut multiple shapes in order to get one and then the other out lol

but thank you guys for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back