How to deal with gap by door before screed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have someone coming tomorrow to prime floors before screeding downstairs. He says this gap by the front door will be filled with mortar so just wanted to check that was ok.

I’m not sure if it’s ok to fill the cavity wall as suggested, or if any damp proofing needs adding etc

Attachments

• IMG_2711.jpeg
    IMG_2711.jpeg
    468.6 KB · Views: 44
Sponsored Links
I have someone coming tomorrow to prime floors before screeding downstairs. He says this gap by the front door will be filled with mortar so just wanted to check that was ok.

I’m not sure if it’s ok to fill the cavity wall as suggested, or if any damp proofing needs adding etc
Apart from the cold bridge condensation risk, the future cracking of the screed over those bricks and the damp wicking up - it should be fine.

Apart from the cold bridge condensation risk, the future cracking of the screed over those bricks and the damp wicking up - it should be fine.
That sounds like it won’t be fine then. Any ideas how to avoid this happening?

Sponsored Links
That sounds like it won’t be fine then. Any ideas how to avoid this happening?
Dig out the inner course of bricks and lay a trough of DPM, so that it covers the bricks and laps up vertically this side of the door frame and onto the sill. The door sill support should be separated from the internals by the DPM. Fill under the door separately.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back