How to deal with scrim between ceiling and wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

i had a ceiling placed up and there is scrim between the ceiling and wall, all around the flat.

would easifill and sanding work ? Or any other solutions.

I have low ceilings so am reluctant with coving (but could go with that as a last resort) l
IMG_2791.jpeg

Thanks l
IMG_2790.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Trim it carefully with a sharp Stanley knife, I find the retractable ones are quite good as the body of the knife will not be in danger of scraping the wall, just enough to cut the scrim and not the plaster and then you could probably get away with caulking it and painting or may need to use a filler then paint.

Cool, just to be cautious someone recently told me it’s a safety feature in case the ceiling falls and should be bonded ? Is that true ?

The plasterer should have feathered it in to the walls so it could have been finished better but the chance of a ceiling falling out of the blue are so slim it is not worth worrying about and i don't think you will have any issues.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back