How to fill gaps in fence?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We recently moved into a new home and wanted to add some privacy and fill the gaps in between fence panels.
Does anyone know a fast and cheap way of doing this? The gaps are all different sizes. Some 3 inches some 2 inches.

I don't really want to put up a new gapless fence like some of the neighbours due to the cost.
Is there a more simple solution?
Please see picture for reference.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 20240715_134840.jpg
    20240715_134840.jpg
    600 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links
whats the wind like around that area , in garden , just in case it was put in like that other than price

whats the current wood like, rotten or all sound

has it got the same setup behind it ?
maybe just move that across - so you create a solid look

more photos from both sides and posts

The woods in decent condition. No issues with wind here, very sheltered

Hiw about just getting some Wood latch bundles and a nail gun?

Need a total of 195 wood latches though over 185cm in height and 83 of them need to have a width of over 7 1/2cm as some of the gaps are 7 1/2cm. The rest of the wood latches over 3cm in width as the gaps on the rest have a width of 3cm.

Has that pic been taken at an angle rather than straight on? Head on do the panels obscure the view better?

Looks like our hit and miss panels - except the gaps on yours are ginormous. Our planks are circa 160mm wide with a space of 30mm between them. On the 'other side' the gap is in the centre of the plank more or less. It can blow a hooley here sometimes.

Mind ours is also all affixed to the one arris rail from either side rather than two rails a good distance apart.

Try removing some of the planks and re-spacing some to see if the view can be made more private? Then maybe add a couple of extra planks per panel with smaller gaps?

Sponsored Links
It might be good to have a chat with the neighbours about it...

I'm wondering how easily the uprights come off?
Following Rodders53 suggestion, if they come off reasonably easily, I'd take them off in sections and reduce the gaps, adding in new uprights as you need to...

Bamboo screening would be cheap and easy. Might not be the look you're after. It could conceivably be attached with a staple gun too.
If it was me, I would grow something up it, but that's my answer to everything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back