How to get the sticky label off a chopping board?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I scraped it off with a plastic scraper and damp kitchen roll but can't get the stickiness off. If i use white spirit, will that make the board unusable for food afterwards?
20240929_091620.jpg
20240929_091347.jpg
20240929_091352.jpg

Sponsored Links
i would suggest do no use any solvents
there will be a simple solution like wash in hot soapy water
this is a mainstream [tesco]source so simple solution with normal use cycle should sort
perhaps dish washer??[never used one so dont know]

Sponsored Links
Or just make use of the none-sticky side, whilst the adhesive comes away eventually, as it is naturally washed after normal usage.

I would suggest 'clean and dust' or multi surface cleaner spray and keep scraping.
- I'm not sure how food safe it would be after washing though.

Precisely, same thing you get with Conti Board, why do they do it? Having done a check of all the usual suspects I can say that the only place where stickers peel off Conti board easily is from Selco! :D

Use a soluble cleaner, like 'Method', and an abrasive scourer to soften up the glue, then carefully scrape a stanley blade along the grain to remove it.

A solvent will shift it, but then a good soapy wash will be needed to remove traces of the solvent. Been there, done that, and I'm still alive !

Before I discovered multsolve which btw evaporates off, used to rub bicarb into it which depending on the type of glue, absorbed the stickyness so it peeled off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back