How to hang this radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I’ve just had a 3 column rad delivered. It’s come with 6 brackets with two holes each, but only 6 fixings (expansion bolts). Instructions aren’t offering much clarity on which I should be using. Understand the oval hole will allow some adjustment but why would they not supply enough fixings to use both?

Attachments

• IMG_1896.jpeg
    IMG_1896.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 13
Sponsored Links
They supply basic fixings only. Different walls types require different fixings.
Rads like that sometimes have resin and bolts with a nut and washer. I'd use the slots for that.
If in a wooden stud i would use the smaller hole.

Quick and easy job. Takes about 10 mins for some resins to set and will take weight easy.

Sponsored Links
hang it just on the top brackets to start with then present the bottom bracket into place and mark them up . then either take rad back off drill and fix bottom brackets or drill and fix without taking rad off . make sure top bracket are perfectly level when fitting even a little bit out can make them a bloody nuisance

Use the ones they gave you and then supply 6 of your own!! Some radiator manufacturers don't supply any fixings at all

These are heavy buggers that really need both of the fixing holes used IME. Hope it's just a small space it's heating.

If going into solid brick walls then M5x60mm screws - into blue rawplugs in 8mm holes. Nice sharp/new masonry drill and hopefully you'll hit the brick and not the joints.

No, this is an 100 year old house! Proper brick solid wall
It it's 100 years old, it may have thick lime plaster, so allow for that in your screw length, and tap your plugs through into the brick. You should be able to feel the difference while drilling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back