How to install blum cabinet hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I just bought some blum 71T9550 hinges for a fitted wardrobe, with thick doors 28mm thick.. . I can't see anywhere measurements for installing these. I need to know how far from the edge of the door to drill the forstner bit hole (centre point ideally), and how far from the edge of the actual cabinet (where door will go) do I put the mount plate?
I have seen various diagrams that I just can't make sense of, help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I just bought some blum 71T9550 hinges for a fitted wardrobe, with thick doors 28mm thick.. . I can't see anywhere measurements for installing these. I need to know how far from the edge of the door to drill the forstner bit hole (centre point ideally), and how far from the edge of the actual cabinet (where door will go) do I put the mount plate?
I have seen various diagrams that I just can't make sense of, help would be much appreciated!
that would appear to be a blumotion soft close full overlay hinge 95deg

if you want an overlay of 16mm then the distance from base to bore edge is 5mm or 5+17.5 to the ctr

(thats how much it goes past the cabinet side as measured from the inside face, so for a 18mm thick carcase thats leaving 2mm from outside edge)

For a conventional overlay door, allowing 1.5mm gap from back of door to carcase the hinge plates sit 37mm back and the holes are 32mm centres

full info here (page 89 top left picture )

Sponsored Links
that would appear to be a blumotion soft close full overlay hinge 95deg

if you want an overlay of 16mm then the distance from base to bore edge is 5mm or 5+17.5 to the ctr

(thats how much it goes past the cabinet side as measured from the inside face, so for a 18mm thick carcase thats leaving 2mm from outside edge)

For a conventional overlay door, allowing 1.5mm gap from back of door to carcase the hinge plates sit 37mm back and the holes are 32mm centres

full info here (page 89 top left picture )
Many thanks. That's one of the pictures I failed to understand! So for my 28mm doors I need a central forstner drill point of 34? (because that gets an overlay of 28mm?).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back