How to install services through existing concrete floor and DPM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a question regarding retrofitting services when concrete floors have already been laid (water, elec, gas).

I am undertaking some works on a partially completed barn conversion. The floors have been laid (MOT, DPM, insulation, concrete slab), but no service ducts were installed. The foundation are natural stone, the wall are solid is some areas, cavity in others. I had planned to core drill the floor to install a 4" drain pipe to house the new water main, as well as some smaller holes for ducts. Should I be concerned about drilling the DPM? I there a way to remedy this other than breaking out a larger area and adding apron / upstands to the DPM around the pentrations?

I believe electric, gas, telecoms could be above the floor if required.

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
All except gas can go in pipes in the floor, gas may need a ventilated duct.

Whether you go for a service duct or just recovering the services won't matter, the principle of reforming and lapping the DPM is the same. You could use a physical or liquid DPM depending how you decide to proceed.

All except gas can go in pipes in the floor, gas may need a ventilated duct.

Whether you go for a service duct or just recovering the services won't matter, the principle of reforming and lapping the DPM is the same. You could use a physical or liquid DPM depending how you decide to proceed.
Thanks for this, how would you suggest the physical or liquid DPM would be installed if core drilling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back