How to remove mould that is in bedroom that is inside the plaster of the wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have mould in the bottom corner of my bedroom wall that I have tried to clean with mould remover and vinegar and then using a magic eraser which removes the paint slightly and the mould is still there so I assume it is in the plaster. What’s the best way to remove this, can the plaster be cut out and then some sort of insulation filling replace the plaster and then it can be painted over? I have no idea what to do any help is amazing thank you!

1727269156285.png

Sponsored Links
Coat area with zinsser BIN.
You can use a spray can but warm it up so it sprays nice if you can find a small tin local.
That's condensation. Must be a cold spot and the humidity in your house is dumping on the cold surface.Then the mould starts growing.
Digging out wall is not the answer. Won't stop the mould growing.
Just stain block and paint.
Then look at humidity in your house and do something about it.
Also don't put furniture again outside walls.
Don't dry washing in house without a dehumidifier.
Read up on what you can do

Sponsored Links
I listened to a mould expert and it was said to keep window shut sometimes. It's all very interesting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back