How to stick (not drill) shower-gel dispenser to tiles......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to fix my shower-gel/shampoo/conditioner dispenser to the shower wall. It is tiled in mosaic tiles. So far, I've tried sticky pads (lasted 30 seconds) and a large glue pump with gun (lasted 2 minutes). Is there anything I can use rather than having to drill?
Thanks for your time.

Sponsored Links
If you use a gap-filling adhesive like NoMoreMails you have to prop it in place until it sets.

If both surfaces are non-absorbent it is not warranted to work, but it may do if you prop it for a day or more and it dries out round the edges.

You may have more luck with a Contact Adhesive like Evo-Stick

a combination of silicone and no more nails, and tape it with strong adhesive tape for a day to harden without getting it wet. worked on a big mirror I put up :cool:

Sponsored Links
I used silcone sealant, its not moved in 3 years. Use plenty masking tape to hold whilst curing. I also did this in previous house. Still there as far as I know. :LOL:

Thank you for your ideas. I'll try again with the glue gun and use tape this time, is it worth sandpapering the tiles first as they are smooth and shiny, or will this make no difference?

i would just go for very clean if you sand or score and it dosn't work or you remove at a later date you stuck with the "abrasion"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back