How to use a stapler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
I bought a stapler on amazon and dont understand what the thin staples are for ie the U and T type. Are they are supposed to work with the wider staples? Do I load them the same?

When I use the wider staples and stapling things after every 3 or 4 it stops working and I have to reload the staples that are already in? Any idea why?

Please see pics. Thanks all

Sponsored Links
1000016852.jpg

Are you only using staples that came with gun?
U staples are for fixing cables, T are just tiny nails.

Sponsored Links
I suspect that the quality of the tool is suspect. Have you read the other reviews? As previously stated, the U staples are normally used to hold cables in place, however a decent cable stapler has a dedicated shoe that prevents the u staples being driven in too deeply. The T shaped ones are called brads- nails by any other name (albeit with small heads).

I once made the mistake of buying a Silverline compressor based brad/nailer. Complete waste of money. Karp quality. It jammed frequently and the brads got stuck down the side of the firing pin. Then I was stupid enough to buy a Tackwise Duo electric stapler/pin gun, again, the same problem. Utter tat. Although the Tackwise had a quick release cover over the firing pin, I still had to use a tiny screwdriver to release the stuck brads.

Sorry, I appreciate that you don't to hear that you purchased what might be a turkey. My advice would be to contact the vendor and let them know that you are tempted to leave a negative review.

Best of luck

All this faffing about, takes about 30 seconds to return an item to Amazon. Return it and buy another one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back