Howdens Kitchen installl cost ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondered if somebody can give me a ball park figure of what I should expect to pay for a joiner to install a Howdens kitchen. I’m based in the North East of England. All electrics and plumbing have been done including flooring. No kitchen to take out it’s basically a freshly plastered shell. No tiling or work surfaces as they are being fitted by someone else. See pics attached
IMG_1324.jpeg
Many thanks
IMG_1320.jpeg
IMG_1321.jpeg

Sponsored Links
When I fit a kitchen, I run the number of items through a pricing grid, linear metres of kick panels, cornice etc.., how many worktop joints, cut outs, and the type of worktop. For example, I double the labour cost for 12mm compact laminate worktops because it just wrecks blades.

My guessimate looking at your pictures, about £2,500 labour. (North England price)

Thanks for the reply, the work surfaces are being fitted by someone else, how much would you take off for that ?

Presuming no plumbing or rubbish disposal and it's not a flat pack kitchen, then it's termed as a "Dry Fit" I'd say between £1800 and £2100.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, the work surfaces are being fitted by someone else, how much would you take off for that ?
If stone, I don't do.

£48 per worktop length.
Cut out's £32 each
Worktop finished edges £20 each.
Hockey joints £50 each.
Worktop supports/legs £18 each
Sink fitted and plumbed £95

Run what's on plan and deduct that. Without the plans, the £2,500 is purely a guess. Adapting units around pipes adds more on.

I closed my account with Howdens Carlisle years ago, their service is below crap level. I used them 10 times and 10 times they got it wrong. Shoddy company.

Can be a problem if one person fits cabinets and someone else the worktops. If things are out of square, not level etc. Who is going to resolve any issues? I have always done my own. My daughter had hers from Howdens but sourced her own fitter. I dont know what she paid though.

Presuming no plumbing or rubbish disposal and it's not a flat pack kitchen, then it's termed as a "Dry Fit" I'd say between £1800 and £2100.
We were quoted £4K for a dry fit from Magnet. The salesman advised against it and said if he was paying that, he'd expect a liveried company van to turn up with fitters wearing Magnet company clothing but said I’d just get a couple of subbies in their own van. He also told us to get our own quartz worktops as that would work out cheaper too. I fitted it myself and got someone in to supply and fit the worktop, backsplash, window sill and upstand. Saved at least £7k doing it that way.

IMG_1841.jpeg

IMG_1840.jpeg

Can be a problem if one person fits cabinets and someone else the worktops. If things are out of square, not level etc. Who is going to resolve any issues? I have always done my own. My daughter had hers from Howdens but sourced her own fitter. I dont know what she paid though.
Sheridans are the solid worktop suppliers and installers for Howdens.
It is the responsibility of the kitchen installer to carry out their job professionally and ensure that everything is level, plumb, parallel and adequate support is put in in void areas for the worksurfaces.

Square isn't so relevant as the worktops are templated either manually or with a laser.

Solid surface such as Corian, Silestone, Quartz etc require fabrication off site with expensive machinery and extraction by people that are specifically trained in this field and carry the insurances for when things go pear shaped, such as a £3000 piece of quartz snapping on installation.

We were quoted £4K for a dry fit from Magnet. The salesman advised against it and said if he was paying that, he'd expect a liveried company van to turn up with fitters wearing Magnet company clothing but said I’d just get a couple of subbies in their own van. He also told us to get our own quartz worktops as that would work out cheaper too. I fitted it myself and got someone in to supply and fit the worktop, backsplash, window sill and upstand. Saved at least £7k doing it that way.

View attachment 349167

View attachment 349168
The Cornice finish is Top Top and the fit is good. Kitchen fitting isn't rocket science, but it also isn't as easy as some think it is.

Supplier quotes on fitting are always ridiculous £4k for yours affirms this. I reckon atleast £1k of that fitting cost goes straight to Magnet.

I'm not cheap, I think I'm fair, but I run my own business, self employed, overheads etc etc, don't like working, body is failing :LOL:, make hay.

The Cornice finish is Top Top and the fit is good. Kitchen fitting isn't rocket science, but it also isn't as easy as some think it is.
lol. Thanks but I got a mate round with some kind of angled saw table to do the cornicing and cut out the hole in the flyover for the extract chimney for me. I’d have made a complete mess of that!

Supplier quotes on fitting are always ridiculous £4k for yours affirms this. I reckon atleast £1k of that fitting cost goes straight to Magnet.

I'm not cheap, I think I'm fair, but I run my own business, self employed, overheads etc etc, don't like working, body is failing :LOL:, make hay.
So based on my plans at the top what would you charge in your opinion for a dry fit ? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back