'Hunter' brand one screw pvc pipe clip - how to remove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to remove a downpipe from conservatory, but it is angled at top roof edge and also at bottom windowledge end: it is non moveable without removing the two Hunter branded pipe clips which secure the vertical pipe to the pvc wall. Unlike the 'normal' pipe clip I am used to which is basically a 'U' shape with two screw holes fixing, the Hunter version seems to be fixed with one screw to the wall, before the downpipe is clipped in: now it is insitu there is no access to the screw head.
Not wishing to waste the forum's time, I have already gone to the Hunter pvc pipes and fittings website, where literally thousands of items are on display, but nothing in the 'brackets' section apart from the usual 'U' shape and one 'open' bracket, that I could see.
If any of you professionals have come across this item and can tell me how to spring or twist or pop it open (without fumble-fingers here) snapping it off, I would, as always be grateful and click you helpful.
Thanks.

Attachments

• top-view-clip.jpg
    top-view-clip.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 46
  • underside-clip.jpg
    underside-clip.jpg
    428.6 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
Yup, that did it - two taps with a mini hammer and it sprung apart, flexible enough to curl open and release the down pipe.!
Many thanks for your fast response.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back