Hyundai multi tool problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All - I’ve got a Hyundai 5 in 1 garden multi tool which I’ve used a couple of times.

After refilling today it wouldn’t start again. Tried everything I could think of and decided I’d check to see if the engine was flooded.

When I went to remove the spark plug cap it was stiff so I pulled a little bit, not crazy, and it came apart in my hands. Leaving a coil spring on top of the spark plug but the rubber cap broke away from cable.

I assume that cable is to ignite the spark plug?

But, I’m not 100% sure as when looking in that rubber cap it’s just a plastic housing and I can’t see any form of metal connection.

I’m not sure now whether I’ve stopped the plug from being able to spark or whether actually that’s just a rubber protective cap.

Can anyone help?

Attachments

• IMG_5546.jpeg
    IMG_5546.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5545.jpeg
    IMG_5545.jpeg
    290.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_5544.jpeg
    IMG_5544.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
I kind of jammed it all back together and the engine has started.

I’m not even sure how that is possible?????

That curious bit of wire in your pic plugs into the carbon fibre HT lead which pushes into the plug cap. It's remade the connection so no worries! Just gan canny next time you pull the plug cap off.
John

Sponsored Links
The cable carries a very high voltage, 20 to 30 kilovolt, so it will be able to jump across any small gaps between end of the cable and that spring thing which snaps onto the plug - none-the-less, the spring would be best if fitted properly. Idea is, that the barbs on the spring, should pierce the insulation of the HT lead, with the rubber cap just holding it all together.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back