Ideal 24 boiler - burner not firing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

My mum has an Ideal 24 combi boiler. It was serviced in August, as part of the Warmfront deal.

Last night she went to switch the heating on for the first time this year and it would not work.

The 'burner' light on the boiler comes on for about 30 seconds then goes out again. The status says 'C'.

I phoned the number on the boiler and the guy told me to switch off the whole system and restart it in 30 minutes, which we've done, but it's still not working.

He also told me to change the batteries in the Danfoss thermostat, I opened it, there are no batteries in there, so it's not that.

Can anyone suggest anything else please?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Could be anything.
Any fault codes? If not the boiler is ok fault in the thermostat
or timer.

The switch off and back on again after 30minutes was probably just
until the end of his shift. So you wouldn't ring back when
he had to answer the phone. :)

The only code is 'C', which implied that the system had overheated, which is why he suggested switching off to let it reset... so no he was being lazy :LOL: There were no fault codes.

To be fair to him, I've spoken to him several times this morning so no, not till the end of his shift, he's offered other bits of advice, but is now at a loss. He also said to find a gas plumber online, not via them, so he's not doing a fast one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back