IDEAL CLASSIC FF250 PROBLEM...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Basically my boiler fires up for about 90 seconds then cuts out for around 60 seconds and repeats itself. Ive changed the pump and power flushed the system and its still not working. Could it be an over heat stat problem??
Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you stuck the pump in correctly?
Did you do the powerflush yourself? If so, how did you check that it accomplished what you tried to achieve?

the pump is in correctly because i put it in the same way the old one came out also i did do the powerflush myself. I no the system needs re-plumbing and its currently a y-plan system. The flow pipe gets quite hot. Ive attached a hot pipe to the f/e tank in the attic and removed any air by forcing water out. thanks

Sponsored Links
Why do you think the system needs replumbing?
How do you know the powerflush was successful?
What do you mean by "hot pipe to the f&e"?

Its needs replumbing because the system is around 37 years old and has had bits added on (eg) a new rad here ad there 3 rads running off 15 mm, pipes buried in the floor, the boiler is only 13 years old though. When i took the pump off i looked down the pipe and it was furred up with metal filings. I think the power flush was a success in that water came out black i used x800 and x500 in the flush, when i said hot pipe i meant hose pipe not sure why i said it haha.. thanks

Water coming out black means some dirt came out, it does not prove that all blockages were removed, or any for that matter.
Unless you completely blocked the feed and expansion pipes during the flush, it is very unlikely it actually did what you wanted it to do.
Powerflushing involves a whole lot more than sticking a pump on and watch it go round.
The amount of gunk in an open vent system can be absolutely mind boggling. I've had systems in average sized terraced houses where 5 litres of acid was not enough; a bottle of x800 would just disappear into nowhere.
x500 will do nothing to clean the system afaik.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back