Ideal Standard e752 cistern won't stop running

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet will not stop running water into the bowl after flushing! The only way to make it stop is to turn the water off completely. I've tried raising the float, but that doesn't do anything. I've got two in my house and now they are both doing this and it's driving me mad! Help! I've attached a picture of the inside, as most pictures I find online do not seem to be the same toilet type.

Sponsored Links
This is a common issue with push button "water saving" toilets. They rely on an inferior design to the traditional syphon "handle" flush.

The parts wear quicker and hence leak water constantly down the toilet. Resulting in much more wasted water!

This site explains it better

http://www.interflush.co.uk/push-button-vs-handle/

Needless to say it requires a replacement of the valve flap. You are probably best replacing the whole of the valve unit. Parts should be available at B&Q or online.

[/url]

Sponsored Links
Look at the pictures on that website link I gave you.

The valve in this case is that big central pillar in your toilet cistern. The flap is a piece of rubber at the bottom which acts like a plug to stop the water draining constantly. It has obviously begun to fail.

Look on youtube for "replacing toilet valve".

Should be quite simple.

That website link explains it in much more detail.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back