Identify this light bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could I please get some help identifying the model number or type of bulb I would need to seek a replacement for on Amazon.

I’m trying to find an LED equivalent as they seem to keep failing often from the spare set that was left for me.

I thought it might be Dulux D or /827 but I have other makes of similar bulbs with their own unique reference which makes me trying to identify a generic model number for these bulbs somewhat difficult.

Attachments

• EE1A27A4-0061-4A22-A956-F3A22939FC2F.jpeg
    EE1A27A4-0061-4A22-A956-F3A22939FC2F.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 72
Sponsored Links
it is a miniature fluorescent that plugs into a lighting fitting that contains its own electronic control or ballast.

I think yours is called a Dulux 2-pin and they are still made by Osram. Your pic does not show the base clearly. It might be G24d-2

I have had them in security lamps and porch lamps, discarded them now and use a simple luminarie with an ordinary LED in it (if small, you may need an SES candle bulb). They are cheap, simple, and readily available, and use less electricity

Show us your lighting fitting please.

The cfl ones are on offer in toolstation at the moment for less than 50p each I don't think they will use much more energy than an LED equivalent so no real benefit in using them.

The cfl ones are on offer in toolstation at the moment for less than 50p each I don't think they will use much more energy than an LED equivalent so no real benefit in using them.
Could you please send me a link to the ones I need? Thanks.

JohnD, I will try and remember to take a photo when I'm next in my office.

Any idea what the 827 relates to because I dont think its a model number as some of the other bulbs have different numbers. I looked on amazon and its not the lumens output.

Sponsored Links
These?

Looks like stock clearance.

Fill your boots

If they have poor life, it might be the built-in ballast at fault. IIRC they were quite heavy electrical items.

From memory, when I stopped using an 8W one in my porch light, I moved down to 4W LED.

8W was much too bright.

It uses so little electricity that it does not justify a photocell or timeswitch.

The compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) was never really much good, there were exceptions, I had a 22 watt reading lamp that worked well, but most looking at 50 lumen per watt, there the larger fluorescent and LED were 90 - 120 lumen per watt, today even exceeding that.

I fell foul of the CFL move, like I expect most others, I swapped my 3 bulb chandeliers for 5 bulb type and fitted 10 x 8 watt CFL to replace the original 2 x 100 watt tungsten, latter 6 x 40 watt tungsten and they were well under requirements.

I swapped for 10 x 3 watt LED which was not bright enough so moved to 10 x 5 watt LED.

This means 200 watt tungsten replaced with 50 watt LED, that clearly does not line up with the equivalent charts we find. Plus lost the inferred heating, so central heating in the evening went from 18ºC to 20ºC so in winter the tungsten lamps saved energy, not money as heated with gas, but did save energy in winter.

So the big question is if it is worth retaining fluorescent fittings?

This
1725809715528.png
shows what you need to replace it, but the LED's marketed to replace the CFL are not easy to select, the Osram Delux D 13W/827 with a google hunt comes up with loads of hits, there seems to be a 4 and 2 pin version, and at £6:20 for 2 pin version not over expensive. But we all know the government has decided mercury is more dangerous to arsenic so fluorescent is being phased out, so is it worth getting a stop gap?

As to PIR (photocell) I use smart light switches, so have dusk and dawn, plus fixed times, so light my way, but do not assist the intruder.

827 allegedly is the colour temperature designation: 2700 K or (very) warm white. Colour TV camera line-up temperature - dimmer fader 7 on tungsten halogen lamps (3200 K at full volts) back in the day.

900 lumens and a CRI of 80

May be important if to match with others?

Asper recent discussion here about Toolstation's 'clearance' and ''discount' deals, nearly all those to which you linked are 'out opf stock' :-

I guess it's like buying Glastonbury tickets (or a GP appointment :) ) - these 'offers' are probably genuine (but very limited), and available for the first few seconds or minutes after they are advertised, but I personally have very rarely 'got there in time' :))

I guess it's like buying Glastonbury tickets (or a GP appointment :) ) - these 'offers' are probably genuine (but very limited), and available for the first few seconds or minutes after they are advertised, but I personally have very rarely 'got there in time' :))
One relatively recent 'exception to that rule' was a very dramatic one. I must have caught this offer very soon after it appeared, because I manage to buy (from Toolstation), for my daughter, a lawnmower for £99 which should have cost well over £300 !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back