Imperial radiators - Myson?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've been in our current property for 13 years. It was built in the 90s. All the radiators were roll-top and imperial sizes.

We're replacing the boiler, so it's a good opportunity to replace a couple of the radiators that have been repainted numerous times and so the heat output has been reduced, and the awful orange colour they painted the walls can be reached.

Looking at the measurements of the radiators they exactly match the Myson Premier HE imperial range. The only concern I have is that the bleed valves are sited in the end of the sections of the radiators, and the brackets are 239mm high rather than 249mm shown in the Myson technical drawings.

If they are Myson radiators the question would be whether they are an older version, and whether the current version would fit on the old brackets, or I'd need to replace the brackets as well - in which case, go for something like Stelrad.

Could these be another make from the 90s?

BTW - one of the companies quoting for the boiler work said that it would be better to fit Eco Rads, which seem similar to Stelrad but do a 500x1100 size (rather than 450x1100 from Stelrad). Not sure of the quality. TDL Online that supply them seem to have a very good rating on Trustpilot.

Attachments

• Image 1.2.jpeg
    Image 1.2.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Image 1.1.jpeg
    Image 1.1.jpeg
    41.2 KB · Views: 9
Sponsored Links
I'd be amazed if you can get rads to fit onto existing brackets.
Few minutes job per rad to fix new brackets.
If you fancy stelrad look for henrad they are identical made in same factory but sold through independent merchants often at a better price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back