Indirect (unvented) boiler system issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I moved into a new barratt home about 3 years ago

The heating system is working fine, however i have noticed that it is becoming noisy.

The heating system we have is an indirect unvented system.

It was fine to start with but has recently started to make lots of noise.

Its a range tribune cylinder. with loads of pipes and knobs etc....

the heating is working but not as it used to (the noise)...

I checked the boiler in the upstairs compartment and the pressure gauge shows that it is betweeen 0 and 1. (0.5) If I turn the (3 bar) knob under the big red metal pot thing (that the pressure guage is attached to) it increases slightly and the sound dissapears.. but only for a second.. then the rattling etc comes back. and the pressure guage stays the same..

the pressure doesn't increase.

Has anybody got any advice? I think the pressure should be showing at least 2bars. as per the red guide line.

I think I need to pressurise the tank, and if someone could tell me which knob to turn tha would be great.

If anyone would like to see a picture of the boiler to help them, its easily done. It might be easier if you can see what I am dealing with.

thanks all

Sponsored Links
When you bought the house you should have been shown how to top up the system.

It should be at about 1.3 Bar when rads are cold.

It is filled with the filling loop. That may have a screwdriver slot valve or a black plastic knob valve.

There may be other issues causing the noise.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back