Inspection Chamber Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm laying down some tiles in my back garden. There are 2 inspection chambers that are close to each other and slightly angled compared to the house.

When i dug around it to see if i could turn it slightly i noticed it has a plate coming off it.

What could this be?

Sponsored Links
Is it not just part of the base plate?

upload_2021-7-30_19-25-5.jpeg

Haha sorry image helps

Attachments

• 20210730_192622.jpg
    20210730_192622.jpg
    812.5 KB · Views: 173
Sponsored Links
Sorry, im talking about the panels to the side of it.

The final paragraph in the article, mentions lifting eyes will be required to lift the manhole cover out its frame, good possibility sand has wedged your 2 items tightly together. PS it will be very heavy.
The Finished Manhole Cover
finished-manhole-cover.jpg

The finished manhole cover is now placed in position, once its completed all you see in the 4 corners are the heavy gauge lifting eyes to accept standard profile lifting keys which are used to lift out the cover

Ive no idea. Its in my back garden and there is another thats 3 feet away.

Hopefully you can see both in the picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-230825_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-230825_Gallery.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 136
I've got half a suspicion you've a septic tank under there, given the positioning of the covers and the slab. Try and (carefully) clear the soil away between the 2 covers and see how far that slab extends. Although without lifting the covers and some pics of whats underneath, it's impossible to say for certain from behind a screen.

Ok....until 4 days ago, this area had been block paved over for many years. If I lay a new patio over it will this be a concern?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back