Installation of second toilet.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm looking to install a second toilet in to a bungalow.

Daft question but are there any restrictions on adding a second toilet to a property? I'm thinking planning reg's as I'm adding to the existing flow to the drainage. Anything like that which may cause me issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

James.

Sponsored Links
Daft question but are there any restrictions on adding a second toilet to a property? I'm thinking planning reg's as I'm adding to the existing flow to the drainage. Anything like that which may cause me issues.

Nothing I'm aware of, but it would need to be installed, to meet the regulations. You will not be adding to the drainage needs, as I would expect no more use would be made of toilets, compared to there only being one.

If you are re-purposing a room into a bathroom then I believe that needs planning but adding a completely new one as asay part of an extension doesn't as that's usually covered by the planning attached to that extension, if you see what I mean.

Drains have to be a minimum diameter of 4"/100mm, you may be surprised how many Properties can be put onto a 4" run. There are probably more rules about what you need to provided for the room containing the WC, than anything else, although drainage obviously will need to be installed to meet Regs.

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, they’ve been quite helpful.

I’m not adding anything new or doing an extension, just stud walling between the existing loo and the rest of a weird shaped bathroom. Planning on filling a gap on the wall with a 2nd loo - Just to add some appeal more than anything. And a 2nd kazi is always a helpful thing to have.

Seems like I shouldn’t have too much to worry about.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back