Installing trx in bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if installing a trx from tye ceiling of my bedroom would be safe ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Lol, thought it would be something like that.
As a minimum you will need to find a joist. I am sure others will have good ideas but personally I would screw some thimber across the joists in the loft to spread the load then fix the suspension trainer to that. There are some ideas on you tube, I have copied one below but there are lots of videos.

Sponsored Links
It would depend on the type of anchorage, length of screws and the size of the joists. A 100kg is a lot of weight and would need to be spread across the joists. I dont think I would want to hang off something like the clip I linked to it would need to be beefier. Having said that chandlers (boat supplies) sell fastenings that have been load tested. What fittings and instructions were supplied with the trx?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back