Insulation over down light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning

I've had the following lights installed in the landing:

They are fixed into the loft space and I wondered if they could be covered with insulation? The text says it can be done but doesn't make it clear how.

The loft is boarded and therefore there is a gap where the light fitting is which could have insulation and was insulated prior to the fitting. The gap isn't big enough for a thermahood and didn't want to just cover with insulation if it is a fire risk.

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Anything "LAP" is likely to be carp

You need thermal hoods to cover the lights, then insulation can go over that

Sponsored Links
Even Screwfix Q&A seem confused...

Screenshot_20240811-170446_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240811-170900_Chrome.jpg

Screwfix I have used since when it was only mail order, for screws, I have had one or two other items from them over the years since they started shops and I only get proprietary stuff, they are handy (and those cheap workmate type benches) .
Ho - I do not like Lapp.

Maplin was another one, mail order for electronics was handy and cheap. Then they opened stores and I could go in and have a look, great I was like as dog with two clicks.
But those annoying shop staff used to pounce on you as soon as you walked in and they felt my wrath, both barrels, Whitty put down comments rather than shouting and screaming at them though.
One thing I detest is them pouncing on you as soon as you set foot.
In shops gen the other things I hate is the opposite (you cant find staff when you need them) the other thing is once you get to the counter they try to convince you to buy other things you did not come in for - I have been known to leave everything at the counter and walk off telling them why I have done.
And Warranties, do not talk to me about extended warranties - I probably already mentioned my trip to "Staples" to buy a new printer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back