Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder what happens with regard to rented property damaged during physical search by authorities chasing down all leads on the terror threats?
I do not think normal insurance covers acts of war, terrorism, population unrest etc???
:?:

Sponsored Links
pipme said:
I do not think normal insurance covers acts of war, terrorism, population unrest etc???

Is searching a property by police one of the above mentioned acts?

WoodYouLike said:
pipme said:

Is searching a property by police one of the above mentioned acts?

Don't know how it works 'around the edges' ... But who pays if the authorities break down doors, smash windows, maybe tear up floorboards etc?
After all, 99.9% of the time a landlord will be no more than a victim.
:cry:

wouldn't that depend on if you're (tenant that is, not owner) guilty or not? If guilty you (owner) could be in a bad spot also (if worst comes to worst), if 'mistaken-identity' your insurance will get their money back from policy/state?
Just thinking out loud here, insurance policies are not my favorite works to read (or understand for that matter, I'll always have my insurance broker explain things to me, but haven't asked him this one yet ;) )

Sponsored Links
Who is at fault when these murderous traitors are at large?

Not in the leafy lanes of Somersetshire .. No blending into the background here .. mind you there are possibilities with the odd pile of manure I suppose.

:D

A person who has their premises searched and damaged caused while doing so has the right to apply for compensation for the damage, from the police authority concerned, however if its a drug dealers door and they are found to be in possesion of drugs, then it is usually not paid out.

I am wondering if one's insurance premium would then increase, I think the Ins. Co's need to know about any claims made etc, then they may go into the 'no smoke without fire mode' loading future policies.

I bet the process of compensation is like squeezing blood out of a stone !

:mad: :eek:

I would say the police authority is liable for any damage caused to a property in the call of their duty.

kendor said:
I would say the police authority is liable for any damage caused to a property in the call of their duty.

That is about as comforting as a six inch nail poking through the instep of me wellington boot !

:D :D :D

Sponsored Links
Back