Internal air brick removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any idea how I can remove this air brick ?, it's internal and appears to be made of plaster , it's not letting a lot of air in and im going to remove it and clean it , is it just glued on to the face of the wall ? , Id ideally like to keep it and reattach it as can't afford a nice looking one and don't want to buy a plastic one , however as I say it seems to be made of plaster and quite soft and i've already snapped a corner off , also the brick outside is single brick size and this is obviously bigger , is this normal , thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20241003_131753396.jpg
    IMG_20241003_131753396.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 12
Sponsored Links
I thought about it but then I'm assuming that all the crud in there would then just sit between the internal and external brick and work it's was back into mesh ,

Apologies there seems to be an existing post on this , just looks like it's a case of getting a flat blade behind it and lifting it out , trying not to break it.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've just taken it off , turns out the actual hole is the size of half a brick so over 50% of the vent literally just covered the wall!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back