Internal Wood Double Doors Sill/Rack Bolt Dilemma

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if this post should go in doors or flooring, but here goes...

I recently got an extension rebuilt and am arranging to get the concrete floor prepared for some kind of oak-effect laminate.

I had someone look at the job and give me advice. I have existing internal wooden double doors between the extension room and my dining room. The tradesman convinced me I should remove the wooden sill at the bottom. This had been damaged during the construction work and we agreed it would be better to replace it with a transition piece (laminate-to-laminate or laminate-to-carpet).

But now I'm in a dilemma because one of the double doors is secured top and bottom with rack bolts. If I remove the bottom door sill, surely the single door I use mostly won't be secured at the bottom and will wobble? Other than retaining the existing sill - is there a way to secure the bottom rack bolt into a laminate floor or transition piece?

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    425.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0448.JPG
    IMG_0448.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    405.5 KB · Views: 13
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back