Is any planning permission needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, just a couple of questions regarding planning permission etc.

We have just moved home and are getting a full rewire, however we are want a few things dine first. We currently have a living / dining room however we want to knock through and make a kitchen / dining room. Then we want a larger bifold doors fitted to where the sliding doors are.

It's a solid wall apart from a small area where must have been a door, I will attatch a picture to show you the wall I want down.

Also currently has a conservatory what we may get taken down, all depending on if we can get a extension built,

Would any of these works require any sort of permissions ?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks dean

Attachments

• 20240928_155827.jpg
    20240928_155827.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 9
Sponsored Links
No planning, but you may need building control inspections depending on whether the walls are structural or not, and if you make the external door opening wider. They will also be interested in your new door!

It's your responsibility to ensure it's done, but most builders will help you sort it, but you may need to contact the council yourself.

It's pretty straightforward, they will just want to see any structural calculations/specifications of lintels, and then will pop in at key times

Sponsored Links
It's your responsibility to ensure it's done, but most builders will help you sort it, but you may need to contact the council yourself.

It's pretty straightforward, they will just want to see any structural calculations/specifications of lintels, and then will pop in at key times
Brilliant thanks, I will make sure I write down things like this and check when we get closer to the time. Thanks for that

When you find your builder, maybe pay a goodwill deposit, but otherwise stage payments for work done, and make the final payment conditional on the builder getting the Building Regs completion certificate. Too many people come unstuck paying in advance and then the builder disappearing. Anyone who won't work to that isn't worth working with.

When you find your builder, maybe pay a goodwill deposit, but otherwise stage payments for work done, and make the final payment conditional on the builder getting the Building Regs completion certificate. Too many people come unstuck paying in advance and then the builder disappearing. Anyone who won't work to that isn't worth working with.
That's a great idea let then know that at start and then you know it's sorted.

Is that all I will need building regs completion certificate?

Thanks dean

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back