Is it normal for a combi boiler flow valve to turn on for 3 sec every 7min?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello

My boiler was whistling like a kettle and turning on for 30sec to pump something every 7-8min. When i say turn on it wasn't heating the water, or flame turning on etc, it was just doing something inside the boiler with sounds of things opening closing and venting etc.

Boiler guy came and said flow valve had limescale in it. So part was replaced.

the whistling has completely stopped. But instead of turning on for 30 seconds every 7-8min it only turns on for 3 seconds now every 7/8min.

is it normal for a combi boiler to turn on the flow valve and vent something or send something flowing for 3 seconds every 7min?

wondering if that is normal behaviour. the boilers flame doesn't turn on. so it isn't short cycling.

Just some kind of pump or air or water is turned on, inside the boiler for 3 secs before switching off again.

If its normal, I'll ignore it. But was worried if it is some kind of leak in water system maybe or something i should be worried about.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back