Is it possible to replace just the panel?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

I was hoping someone could help with this. I have just bought a new place and was hoping that I could replace just the pane of glass for now but all the methods I've found for removing the glass online are for a more modern type of window than mine.

Is it possible to remove these ones?

thanks
1000029226.jpg

1000029225.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes of course. Removable trims likely to be on the outside. Prize off with a flat blade. Measure thickness of pane (face to face) and overall dimensions, go to any double-glazing place and they will make one for you. It's about £50 or so.
With some, the seals prize out first, enabling the plastic trims to pop out easily.
If you have the 'thickness measuring tool' then you can measure up fully and order before even taking the pane out. Height and width measurements, I tend to use 'visible dimensions' plus 25mm (12.5mm at each edge) for each.

Yes of course. Removable trims likely to be on the outside. Prize off with a flat blade. Measure thickness of pane (face to face) and overall dimensions, go to any double-glazing place and they will make one for you. It's about £50 or so.
With some, the seals prize out first, enabling the plastic trims to pop out easily.
If you have the 'thickness measuring tool' then you can measure up fully and order before even taking the pane out. Height and width measurements, I tend to use 'visible dimensions' plus 25mm (12.5mm at each edge) for each.
Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back