IS THIS A JOKE?

B

B.O.B DOLE

Description Must have at least 5 years plumbing and heating experience. Duties will include installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing and heating fixtures in commercial, residential and industrial establishments. Transport provided daily. Employer states excellent rate of pay CV or jobcentre application form to be sent for the attention of Michael Pressler at employers address

CAN YOU BELEIVE THIS CRAP this guy needs to be named and shamed for the lowest paid slave driver in the northwest sham on you

Sponsored Links
market is saturated with newly trained plumbers, it doesn't mention anything about the gas side. Have a look at the jib rates, I bet it's not as far below as you might think.

For the skills mentally and physically required for plumbing heating and gas fitting, working for a firm has allways been shhiittt pay, when I was in my twentys I could have got more money cleaning carriages with free overalls boots etc and all the other perks working for a large company, the only down side was you had to work shifts, but even so to get more money for just a cleaners job it just shows why a shortage of plumbers occured to start with, it wasn't just down to lack of training, the building trade has allways been looked down upon and the wages have reflected this whatever the trade, brickie joiner roofere etc.

ollski said:
market is saturated with newly trained plumbers, it doesn't mention anything about the gas side. Have a look at the jib rates, I bet it's not as far below as you might think.

repairing plumbing and heating fixtures

Sponsored Links
B.O.B DOLE said:
ollski said:

repairing plumbing and heating fixtures

Ball valves and radiators etc.:?:

B.O.B DOLE said:
CHORLEY, LANCASHIRE Hours42.5 HOURS PER WEEK MONDAY TO FRIDAY 8AM TO 5PM Wage£6.00 PER HOUR

Description Must have at least 5 years plumbing and heating experience. Duties will include installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing and heating fixtures in commercial, residential and industrial establishments. Transport provided daily. Employer states excellent rate of pay CV or jobcentre application form to be sent for the employers address

How to applyYou can apply for this job by telephoning 01257 262435 and asking for Michael Pressler.

CAN YOU BELEIVE THIS rubbish this guy needs to be named and shamed for the lowest paid slave driver in the northwest sham on you

Yeah, but did you get the job?

(Surprised the mods haven't deleted this as blatant advertising. I Wonder if this is really BOB's firm? Or are you just on a recruitment bonus?)

Beat me to it, I was going to say "So, don't apply for the job then!"

Perhaps Mr Pressler is actually an economist, and wants to reduce inflation and make our house prices less stupid...

However, £6/hr does seem a tad low, even assuming the 5-years experience includes apprenticeship time.

Also, "transport provided daily" might even mean "We have a company van, but you will need to find somewhere to park it at night, possibly Adam's parking space" :mad: :LOL:

Express it as £252 pounds a week in a depresed area and it could be quite attractive to a newly qualified person who is out of work.

Some of your comments would be viewed as rather demeaning by a 23 y.o. who was applying for the job.

Its not asking for a gas qualified person but just a wet plumber. There are lots of people working for councils and big employers on similar wages.

Five years ago I needed a plumber in Cornwall to unblock a drain and one in the yellow pages quoted me £7.50 per hour, he did say that he would want a minimum of two hours work on site though.

Not everyone lives in Big cities!

Tony

I never work in the city, nowhere to park, too many refugees wandering round with me paying for there keep, nobody knows where to turn gas/water/electric off in any shops, it's I dont know, I dont know, I dont know, so I ask what would you do in an emergency and they say I dont know, I ask do you know where to turn services of at home and they say I dont know, you can keep the city work, no wonder you guys charge a lot to do it.

Sponsored Links
Back