Is this my refill loop? Valliant ECOmax VUW 236

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I was being clever last night by bleeding a radiator which was cold, some water came out, checked the boiler pressure and is at 0 though water is still being heated fine and seemingly no problems as of this morning.

View media item 91229
View media item 91230
Where the blue hose goes on the left there is an up arrow in the valve going towards the boiler. I am guessing this should have a tap, so I can open/close it like with the blue tap on the end of the hose. So I would find a way to open that valve plus the blue tap, refill to 1.2 bar and then shut both off. Is this what I should do? Thanks.

( I found a manual here http://www.acwilgar.co.uk/Boiler-Manual-PDF/Vaillant/Ecomax VUW 236 EH 286EH.pdf )

Sponsored Links
Personally, I would think that it is your filling loop, although the manual suggests that it should be connected to the return pipework rather than the flow.

The valve on the other end is a double check valve, to prevent back flow (don't touch it).

To fill, I would open the valve with the blue handle, until the system reads the required pressure, doing this slowly, as it shouldn't take long.

Yes open the blue tap that should fill it, an well done having a 236 still going, the first vaillant condenser, must be circa 1998!

Sponsored Links
Thanks a lot for everyone's help, including to open the tap slowly... It worked perfectly.. pressure back to normal and I can relax a bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back