Isolation valve direction query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully a very quick question for those in the know

Can anyone tell me whether there is a right and wrong way for this isolation valve to be put on, please?
I have an equivalent for the hot water also

There’s no directional arrows on the body that I can see, so I’m assuming no

Is that correct, please?

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpeg
    IMG_0468.jpeg
    306.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0467.jpeg
    IMG_0467.jpeg
    393.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0466.jpeg
    IMG_0466.jpeg
    444.6 KB · Views: 13
Sponsored Links
No ,it looks like a full bore isolation valve. If you open the valve and look straight through it ,the inner diameter should be close to the same as the pipes connected to it.

No ,it looks like a full bore isolation valve. If you open the valve and look straight through it ,the inner diameter should be close to the same as the pipes connected to it.
Thanks @terryplumb

I just found this thread on another forum which seems to indicate there is a right and wrong way in which case why don’t they stick an arrow on it

Take both nuts and olives off yours and show us two pics,one of each end looking into the valve.

Sponsored Links
According to Pegler's MI, all their ball valves may be installed in any orientation with absolutely no reference to flow direction unless indicated by an arrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back