Joining wall up to angled ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

The previous owner of our house has dot and dabbed some board over the wall but not gone all the way up to the ceiling. Our ceiling is flat in the middle but then has an angled section sloping down to the wall, which is where this plasterboard should have met it. They’ve covered the top of the board up with a picture rail to try and hide the gap but it looks a mess.

I’m fairly comfortable cutting a strip of board and dot and dabbing it to the wall, however what I’m not sure on is joining up to the ceiling. Would regular joint tape do the job? I’ve seen these flexible corner beads online but can’t find any stocked nearby, and not even sure if this is the right thing?

Sponsored Links
Seal all the edges and where things touch and join. Plasterboard and existing...

Dot and dab new board.
Fill and sand.
Prime
Caulk wall and ceiling line and let that dry for a few days.
Final coat of paint.
Avoid tape by sticking everything well. Adhesive along all the board edges so no flex.
Sealing will stop rapid drying and cracks.
Be easier for you.

Normally you would use paper tape on tapered edge plasterboard so it's not above surface height.
Use board adhesive to stick and toupret powder to make good. Bit easier than easyfill.

Sponsored Links
If you do it so it's sealed and filled so it's all stuck it's unlikely to crack.
Adding a thin line of caulk after you have primed will add another layer of protection against cracking.
Just easier.

If you want and you think you can do it then paper tape in the corner is really good. Just not easy to for some

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back