Just to confirm my Hive 2 receiver wiring is correct.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm pretty sure its

Blue - N
Brown - L
Earth - E
Black - 1
Grey - 3

But black and grey can go either way?

Thanks for any help.
honeywell BDR91.jpg
Hive 2 Reciver.jpg

Sponsored Links
The Hive 2 self install kit was given to me as a gift, but after opening the box it its dual channal receiver. I understood that for a combi it needs to be a single channel? Could some one please tell me if this still compatible with an ideal logic combi 30 boiler please? and if so do i still wire it the same way?

Thanks for any help with this.

just ignore the hot water setting on the Hive (or set it to always on); you won't be connecting anything to those terminals anyway.

Sponsored Links
unless your boiler can accept a 240V signal to fire, and you can adjust the wiring at the boiler end accordingly, you will need to swap the hive for the single channel version.

Looks like the boiler is happy with 230V connections so it will be OK.

See page 30 (diagram in section #35) in installation manual.
http://assets.grahamplumbersmerchant.co.uk/product-docs/10236/10236.pdf

The dual channel Hive needs Live and Neutral plus a single wire from the Boiler inner "room stat" terminal to Hive connector 4.
All 3 wires should come from the boiler so the Hive becomes safe when the boiler is isolated from the mains supply.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help chaps, i think i'll just get the install kit returned now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back