Kenwood ktld 60x15 fridge loom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I've got the same fridge. Kenwood ktld 60x15. I've recently started having issues where sometimes the light doesn't come on. Panel still works. Then when I press the power button the fridge starts again.

I have ordered and received the replacement loom.

Tried earlier and got the top panel off. However my wire seems to go inside the door itself. So how do I gain access to be able to unplug and run the new wire? Images attached.

There's only 2 videos on YouTube and both show the wiring to look different to mine. So confused at the moment.
1000073151.jpg

Attachments

• 20240620_235740.jpg
    20240620_235740.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240620_235752.jpg
    20240620_235752.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 30
Sponsored Links
Sorry, can't help. I had Currys repair mine loads of times and then they refused, so after a brief discussion involving CRA 2015, they refunded the vast majority of the cost. I have got no light, unless I flick the plastic panel in the top corner, and no display or control of temperature.99% of the time it is fine but just occasionally we get a bit of frostbite to the veg.

Sorry, can't help. I had Currys repair mine loads of times and then they refused, so after a brief discussion involving CRA 2015, they refunded the vast majority of the cost. I have got no light, unless I flick the plastic panel in the top corner, and no display or control of temperature.99% of the time it is fine but just occasionally we get a bit of frostbite to the veg.
Thank you for your reply. I'm hoping someone in this forum has seen the wiring in my fridge and can match it. As not sure if my version is the same model but a new revision hence it's wired slightly differently.

Just checked and my fridge is the exact same model. However, after 4 repairs by Currys, they gave up and I never bothered to replace the loom. We manage without the display and the temperature is cold enough, if occasionally too cold. As I mentioned before, there is a thin piece of plastic in the top corner and if we need the light, we just flick this and it comes on.

Is your fridge still working or not?

Sponsored Links
Just checked and my fridge is the exact same model. However, after 4 repairs by Currys, they gave up and I never bothered to replace the loom. We manage without the display and the temperature is cold enough, if occasionally too cold. As I mentioned before, there is a thin piece of plastic in the top corner and if we need the light, we just flick this and it comes on.

Is your fridge still working or not?
Hi. Yes it's still working fine. And I can even. Access the panel and change settings. Just the light inside the fridge that is temperamental.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back