Kinetic Receiver - Please Advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have bought a kinetic switch and receiver to get rid of pull cord in bathroom. There is no ceiling rose as wires are in wago box in loft above bathroom. The receiver has L in, N in, N out, & L out. I presently want to connect the receiver to control the downlights, but also want to fit a fan with timer (in due course) to be triggered by the kinetic switch to come on with the lights.

I will disconnect the un-needed switch cable, and the disused smoke alarm wiring from the set up which will leave the In and Out wires, and the wire to the downlights.

I want to make sure that I do this correctly and safely so would be grateful for some advice on how to wire up the receiver.

My thoughts are as follows:

L in - is for 2 x lives from the In & Out wires
N in - is for 2 x neutrals from the In & Out wires
L out - is for live out to down lights
N out - is for neutral out to down light
All earths connected together in Wago fitting

Assuming that above is correct, the fan i'm looking at needs Perm Live, Perm Neutral, and Switched Live and I am unsure of how this happens with the kinetic receiver. Fan needs a 3 pole isolator which planning to fit in loft near to inline fan. Would it be correct to use 3 core cable and use the L out / N out (from the receiver) as the Switched Live and Neutral, and can I run the Perm live from the L in on the receiver (how do i do this so its safe). I was thinking of using large adaptable box to contain all the fittings and the receiver to make sure no one can accidentally touch anything.

I assume that the light on the fan is wired into the downlights chain as they will all come on together (I couldn't see the light diagram on website)?

I would be grateful for any advice, and thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
1717537348274.png

Earths not shown for clarity. It may be easier to make all of the connexions at the isolator. Note I have shown all neutrals in one terminal, it is deliberate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back