kitchen ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am about to add a ring main to my son,s new house.the house is a little on the out of date side of things with current wiring in the kitchen ,has only one power point on each side of the 3m by 3m kitchen this feed comes from the ceiling and down to just one double then some idiot has spured off four times on one side.The other side has a 45 cooker feed into a junction box poorly half chased in half sticking out and feeding two doubles and two singles. the kitchen has been knocked thru to a 3.5 by 3.5m extention, which has just one power point from the ceiling. i am about to add a new consumer unit as the old four way unit is of the wired type fuses i have fitted a 9 way with just normal trip breakers i intend to wire the full house eventually,but want to start at the kitchen ring main with about 6 fcu,s in the ring and also include four doubles and one plasma spur off in the extention is this all right on one ring main it would be easier to include this extention into the k/ring

Sponsored Links
You need to do several things before you begin wiring.

Your choice of CU is wrong.

You appear to not have sufficient knowledge to begin the work you want to do.

Please take advice from a suitably qualified person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back