Kitchen tap back nut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what size box spanner is needed for a kitchen sink that has a large back nut that goes over the Flexi tails. Thanks

Sponsored Links
They vary in size, i found using a deep socket on an extension piece and ratchet socket wrench worked best.

I had to buy one off tinternet for a job a while back. Its double ended 34 & 40. Think it was the 40mm end that did the job. Less than a tenner from Amazon as I remember. Really cheap and nasty quality but it worked.

Thanks I got one but couldn't get around the backnut because of the female nut at the end of the flexis.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I put one flexi in, secured the tap and then fitted the other flexi from below. Remember it being a PITA.

... Rarely, but occasionally, it may be far easier in terms of lost man-hours, scraped knuckles and swearing, to simply remove and replace the sink! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back