Kitchen waste pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have an internal manhole As my extension was built over the top of an existing manhole in an area where I now want to relocate my kitchen.

My question is this

Am I able to connect my kitchen sink waste pipe directly in to the manhole as this is the shortest route for drainage.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Sponsored Links
I assume that you are proposing to trench down through the "kitchen"/extension floor and connect to the manhole?

Are you also proposing to tie-in the wet appliances to the sink waste before dropping into the floor drain?

Typically, its best to run wastes above ground to external gullies - there must be at least one gulley taking the extension roof RWP?

Why not scan a plan view of your extension/proposal indicating MH and sink and appliance and gulley positions?

Sorry about the poor sketch.

I was thinking about putting the 40mm dia sink waste straight to the manhole but I am concerned that this is not good practice and the bco might not be too impressed with my proposal.

My thoughts today are to put in a new underground pipe 110mm dia into the manhole and a new gully close to the sink for the waste.
Could this be an internal gully or does it have to be external?

The pipework used for appliance wastes is not suitable for use below ground, so I suspect your inspector would not accept running your 40mm pipe direct to the m/h.

The correct way would be to run a 110 pipe below the floor to the m/h, and turn it up to floor level, fit with an adaptor and feed your waste into that (there would of course need to be a trap at the appliance).

Uncle Sam suggested taking the pipe to an external rainwater gulley,
Strictly that's not allowed because you are putting foul waste into what may be only a surface water system. But between you and me and the internet, that's exactly what the majority of people in your position end up doing.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back