Knocking down a wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove a layer of brickwork that the previous owner put around the fireplace (to conceal pipework). I cannot be ars*d with the chisel and hammer approach any more (unless I have no option) as the last time I could hear the banging for 2 days!

I tried to hire a chisel hammer I think from HSS, and it turns out that its £45 per day, compared to the £20 on the website (apparently there are extras).

Can anyone suggest a quick/easier way, that the chisel & hammer?

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
dynamite!

you could buy a cheap crap one that will do the job from one of the sheds for far less than that

Sledge!!!!

I agree, buy one from Cackbase, Balls and Q or Wickes (we really are for the trade honest)!

Probably only set you back the same as hire of a good one. (just dont expect it to last forever) ;)

I was thinking of a sledge hammer, but did not want to damage chimney structure etc. Although, I think there is a 1 - 2 inch gap behind the false front.

Bazdaa

Sponsored Links
Bazdaa said:
I was thinking of a sledge hammer, but did not want to damage chimney structure etc. Although, I think there is a 1 - 2 inch gap behind the false front.

Bazdaa

Sorry, I missled you, the sledge bit was a joke, I meant you to purchase a mini breaker from one of those establisments.

club hammer and bolster to start with though until you are sure of the construction

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back