Know the zones

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 294929

Just see this advert
Great. Why do we not have more of these. People need educating on how to drive with care and safety.

Not all idiots some just need to be told the d's & dont's

Sponsored Links
Fair enough, there are idiot drivers but hgv’s rarely give any notice when they change lanes on the motorway for example, just indicate and pull out. They used to indicate and wait for you to flash your headlights..

I appreciate time is money but tailgating a car is deliberately intimidating for the sake of not dropping a few miles an hour.

Blup

Which is why it is generally a lot safer in the fast lane than being stuck between artics.

Blup

People need educating on how to drive with care and safety.
Great idea, let's start with the HGV drivers. You know the ones that are tailgaiting another HGV and pull out when you are alongside them, other than ease off a little and wait until you are past them.
They are probably the same ones who try the impossible pass of another HGV and block two lanes for miles because they are both on the limiter.

Sponsored Links
I remember being taught how to pass HGV's when I was learning. Basically, it was the same rules as what this advert is saying. Only time I worry is when I am behind one because I'm coming off at the next junction, which may be a mile or more away, and another comes up on the right but can't really get past as he is on his maximum speed. Especially daunting if there is also one behind you!
There used to be adverts on the TV about safe driving and how to overtake on motorways etc. They should bring them back because I don't think a lot of younger drivers, or even some HGV drivers are aware of this.

Great idea, let's start with the HGV drivers. You know the ones that are tailgaiting another HGV and pull out when you are alongside them, other than ease off a little and wait until you are past them.
They are probably the same ones who try the impossible pass of another HGV and block two lanes for miles because they are both on the limiter.
Great idea. Let's have adverts that make us all think how to drive responsibly. Not all are idiots but some just need to be shown how irritating crap drivers they are.

Fair enough, there are idiot drivers but hgv’s rarely give any notice when they change lanes on the motorway for example, just indicate and pull out. They used to indicate and wait for you to flash your headlights..

I appreciate time is money but tailgating a car is deliberately intimidating for the sake of not dropping a few miles an hour.

Blup

I'm not saying anything for or against HGV drivers. It was an add I see last night.

There used to be adverts on the TV about safe driving and how to overtake on motorways etc. They should bring them back because I don't think a lot of younger drivers, or even some HGV drivers are aware of this.

That's more my point●

Probably because it's taken them half of their tacho'ed hours to get to speed, so they'll be damned if they're going to back off (y)

The old "elephant race"; to witness one firsthand, is truly one of the joys of driving :unsure:

When I see this happening, especially going up hill, I simply resign myself to sitting behind the inside lane guy, at a safe distance, and watch the idiots behind the outside lorry start tail-gating each other as though thats going to make him go faster.
! yard, (or even less in some cases), is not a good distance to be behind someone when you are all travelling at around 60mph!

My mate had an HGV 1 licence

Got a job with the Co-Op ( way back) delivering milk

He went under a low rail way bridge and some thing like 10000 pints of milk ended up down the road

Shut the railway line down in the rush hour due to the bridge needed to be inspected

That’s not the worse of it

Bloke from the co-op came out and sacked him on the spot

Yes exactly

Bit OTT

My mate had an HGV 1 licence

Got a job with the Co-Op ( way back) delivering milk

He went under a low rail way bridge and some thing like 10000 pints of milk ended up down the road

Shut the railway line down in the rush hour due to the bridge needed to be inspected

That’s not the worse of it

Bloke from the co-op came out and sacked him on the spot

Yes exactly

Bit OTT

No use crying over spilt milk.

Sponsored Links
Back