Large shower tray waste location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a shower tray 1.6m long.
It says that for shower trays exceeding 1.2m long, the waste must be located on the same side as the shower.
I bought this tray online and it didn't mention this in the product description, which is one of the reasons I chose it.
I had planned for the waste to go at the opposite end of the shower.

I suppose the waste must be on the same side as the shower for a large tray because the flow rate will be too slow otherwise on a nearly flat, large tray?
Yet I can't imagine the tray overflowing if the waste is on the opposite side. Water will always flow to the lowest level and in this case there is a large hole at one end. The water level is hardly going to build up to be several cm deeper at the shower end compared to the waste side?
I'm planing on testing this before installing.

Has anyone installed a shower tray longer than 1.2m with the waste opposite to the shower?

Sponsored Links
Has anyone installed a shower tray longer than 1.2m with the waste opposite to the shower?
Yes, and it should be fine for the reasons you mention. It is a manufacturer's get out clause but I can't see a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back