Laying concrete over a water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have a 6-8 inch deep hole in my kitchen floor which eas dug ti fix a leak. I now need to fill it ready for a levelling compuns to lay new floor. Is it as straight forward as mixing some concrete? I assume i can cover the lagged water pipe? I need to leave a small divot under the new push fittings so that it can be removed if needed. If i level to floor there would be no room.
3C6AD8E2-B1D6-43CC-9D82-71BEFBA9D7AC.jpeg

3C6AD8E2-B1D6-43CC-9D82-71BEFBA9D7AC.jpeg
E8B6B117-E5D6-47D8-A7C5-E6F6AED19C41.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Do i concrete the whole 6-8 inches or fill with gravel then concrete 2 inches? Doesnt need to be perfect as cupboards going over most of it and levelling compound

Could you not shutter/box that section, and concrete up to it if it's going under the cupboards? take loose debris up and dampen floor before you concrete, and do the full depth in concrete, with no gravel under.

Sponsored Links
I need to leave a small divot under the new push fittings so that it can be removed if needed. If i level to floor there would be no room.
If you mean that copper push fit elbow on the right, I don't think that they are removable without cutting the pipe.

I could section it yes. Didnt think about it as it was concreted before. I need to check if the cupboard has back legs that needs to stand on. They had to dig down to pipes to find the leak and rather than dig up whole floor they diverted using push fit as under cupbaords.

No not the copper. There is some push fit elbow level with floor. If i concrete to floor level you wouldnt be able pull the fitting down to remove

Hole filling vids ive watched on you tube are all american and all differ.
One adds gravel then concrete, another puts layers of cement then concrete, then another is talking about acid and pva for bonding

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back