Leak french doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everytime it rains i get leak through floor next to french door. Happened for about last six months. Only about 18 months old. Any ideas where to start? Waiting for installation company to get back to me but as much use as chocolate teapot. tia

Attachments

• IMG_20240702_142324_928.jpg
    IMG_20240702_142324_928.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 34
Sponsored Links
Go on the outside with a hose and start to hose the cill and doors slowly working upwards.
Have someone on the inside to let you know when water appears.

Andy

I would say there is no silicone between the two frames (both sides of the join coupler) or no silicone between the frame and sill or both.
IMG_9573.jpeg

Thanks for feedback. Tried the hose thing and nothing came in.
I can get my fingers all the way over the bricks below the sill. Is it supposed to be like that?

Sponsored Links
We had torrential rain today and the inside of the frame was bone dry when I checked at various points. Someone supposed to be coming on tuesday. Anything i should ask or question? This whole extension been a complete bodge. 1) dpc at ground level not 2 courses of brick above
2) air brick at ground level so excess rain ended up in house over floor
3) existing vent inside house concreted up so nowhere to ventilate to.
4)now problem with french door leaks

This was all passed by stroma building control.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back