Leak through mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mixer tap on my bath shower. Whenever we use the shower the water manages to leak through down through the hot tap. No leaks when the tap is on for the bath. Access is quite tight, I can see that the water has been dripping down it, but I can’t see what is causing the water to leak through
IMG_1565.jpeg
IMG_1567.jpeg

Sponsored Links
This is where having the instructions and part numbers to hand helps.
I know this is very often not the case.

I'd try and remove tap and get a new one. I think that's can be done.
If that is not possible then you may need to remove bath. That's something you don't want to do

Can't tell for sure, but likely that:
1. Using the bath, water does not splash by the base of the taps.
2. Using the shower, water does splash by the base of the taps, and is running under the base of the hot.
If the above, try slackening the back nut securing the tap, lifting the tap and adding silicone sealant under the tap, push the tap down, apply silicone between the underside of the bath and the back nut, then tightening the back nut.

Thank you. I’ll give your suggestion a try. It looks like the ring around the bottom of the tap is a bit loose and water might be getting through there

Sponsored Links
In which case, first try just tightening the back nut. Turn the water off, remove the top of the flexible hose and use a box spanner to tighten the back nut. Spanner = Screwfix item 844RH or similar.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back