Leaking Drain Valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This drain valve is leaking and looks a pig to replace, the pipe starts to curve immediately after that fitting.

Trying to nip it up is pretty unsuccesful and indeed seems to be making things worse. Is there any change that I can pull the guts of the existing valve out and replace a washer or the like or does the whole valve need to be replaced?

Sponsored Links
Yes all the same size. Pop down to the merchants and ask for one. About 5p a pop

Sponsored Links
All done today, I bought a couple of spare drain cocks with the idea to canabolise one for the washer and the other as stand by since they're cheap enough and it was easier for me to pick these up rather than get to a proper plumber's merchant for a washer.

As it turns out it wouldn't have been possible to remove or refit a washer on the existing drain cock as it was retained by a fairly wide metal disc - so I just swapped the entire guts of the new drain cock into the exisiting one.

Thanks for the advise, much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back